Please click the position you are interested in below for more information.
Landon School, an independent day school for boys (grades 3–12) in Bethesda, Maryland, seeks an Upper School Office Assistant for the 2017–18 school year. The ideal candidate is computer savvy, understands budgeting and scheduling, and possesses strong interpersonal, writing and organizational skills. The position requires a bachelor’s degree and knowledge of Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with school database software such as Blackbaud, as well as design software such as Adobe, is helpful. The position reports to the Head of the Upper School (grades 9–12), and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain student attendance records: oversee sign-in system and recording attendance in database.
- Update students' records in Upper School database with advisor and locker assignments.
- Provide Upper School Office administrative support: telephone coverage, mail handling, ordering of supplies, and necessary communications internally and externally.
- Assist with scheduling of appointments for the Head of the Upper School.
- Assist Upper School personnel with maintenance issues, including copiers, classroom and restroom repairs, issuing of keys, and assistance with use of the fax machine.
- Receive, file and disseminate required forms and lists to appropriate school personnel.
- Produce the Upper School’s biweekly newsletter.
- Maintain student and faculty schedules.
- Plan/host parent-focused events, such as Back-to-School Night and parent conferences.
- Send communications to parents.
- Help to coordinate and communicate coverage for faculty who are absent.
- Coordinate Upper School exams, course registration process, Class Day, and closing of school efforts.
Please submit cover letter with resume by email to Ehren Federowicz at email@example.com. (No telephone inquiries please.)