In remarks from Fathers Visiting Day, Headmaster Jim Neill talks about the special, sometimes complicated relationship between fathers and sons.
Middle School AfterCare Program
Landon’s Middle School division offers an AfterCare Program, at the end of the school day, for interested families. The purpose of the AfterCare Program is to provide a safe, supervised space in which students may work on their homework, read silently, or relax quietly. Although our teachers serve as the proctors, the expectation should not be for this program to serve as an academic extra-help opportunity. Below are the basic facts:
- Location: Middle-School classrooms with access to computers for academic work
- Frequency: September 6, 2016, through June 1, 2017; Monday through Friday on full school days only
- Supervision: Ms. DeCamps will be directing the program, and several Middle School teachers serve as proctors.
- Sign in no later than 4:15 p.m.
- Work quietly.
- A snack is offered around 4:45 p.m.
- Pick-up by 6 p.m. Students may not remain on campus after 6 p.m. If parents arrive after 6 p.m., additional charges will accrue at a rate of one dollar per minute tardy.
- Expectations: In order to provide a safe, quiet atmosphere conducive for completing work, we expect that students will adhere to the same school-day expectations.
- Cost: We offer several options.
- Families may contract for 1–5 days at a discounted rate. Please see the online AfterCare Enrollment Contract below for details.
- If families prefer not to contract for a specific number of days, students may attend AfterCare for a drop-in rate of $20 a day.
- Families receiving financial assistance will be expected to pay the same percentage for AfterCare as they do for tuition. Financial assistance is only applicable to the contracts (not the daily drop-in rate). Please contact the business office, via email@example.com, if you have questions.
- For students who are contracting for 1–5 days, payment is expected by Friday, September 16, 2016.
- Fees for drop-ins and tardiness will be billed monthly for the previous month, and we expect that payment will be made upon receipt of the invoice.
- Please note that students are expected to be picked up at the conclusion of sports. All boys who are still on campus at 4:15 p.m. must be supervised and will be escorted to AfterCare until a parent arrives (the drop-in rate will be charged in these instances). Students will be required to attend this program if they are on campus waiting for their music lesson, but there will be no fee incurred in these cases.
If you are interested in participating in the pre-paid option, please complete the AfterCare Enrollment Contract below and your account will be debited through the FACTS system.