This guide will help families navigate Landon’s Lower School application process. Applications for admissions are accepted starting September 1 for the following academic year.
Applications must be submitted by January 15 to be considered by the Admissions Committee. All supporting documents must be submitted to the admissions office by January 31 .Decision letters are mailed out in early March.
Online Application for Admission
Complete the online application as early in the fall as possible. Applications for admissions are accepted beginning in September for the following academic year and must be submitted by January 15. Applications received after January 15 will be reviewed after previous admissions decisions have been mailed. There is a $75 application fee; however, if you are applying for financial aid, you may request a fee waiver by calling the admissions office at 301-320-1067.
Schedule an Appointment
Please call the admissions office to schedule an appointment for you and your son. (An application must be submitted to the admissions office prior to the appointment.) The 90-minute appointment, scheduled during school hours, includes an interview and campus tour for your family. The appointment must be completed by January 31. Call Mrs. Chris Predmore, admissions associate, at 301-320-1067 to schedule your appointment.
Admissions Information Session Dates
Attend one of the Admissions Information Sessions to learn more about Landon’s Middle School. Details about the Information Sessions can be found here.
- Thursday, October 11, 9 a.m.
- Sunday, October 28, 1 p.m.
- Thursday, November 15, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 4, 9 a.m.
Submit the Transcript Request Form to your son’s current school. The official transcript must include half of the current year’s grades and all of last year’s grades. Your son’s current school must mail the transcript directly to Landon’s Admissions Office no later than January 31. Click here to download a printable copy of the Transcript Request.
Applicants to Grades 3-5 should have their current homeroom teacher submit ONE teacher recommendation. The homeroom teacher can access the online teacher recommendation at www.landon.net/lsteacherrecommendation. The teacher recommendation must be submitted online no later than January 31.
- Applicants to Grades 3 and 4:
- Register your son to take the Landon Admissions test. The test will be administered at Landon on Saturday, January 12, 2013. Register by emailing email@example.com. A test letter will also be mailed to all applicants in December.
- The Third Grade Admissions test consists of the following subtests: Reading Comprehension, Mathematics, Spelling and a short writing exercise.
- The Fourth Grade Admissions test consists of the following subtests: Reading Comprehension, Mathematics, Spelling and a short writing exercise.
- Applicants to Grades 5:
- Register your son for the ISEE. Select the test, location and date most convenient for you. Registration and information can be found at: Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) (www.iseetest.org)
Completed Applicant File
All supporting documents are due to Landon no later than January 31. To check the status of an applicant’s supporting documents, please log onto your Landon admissions online account. After the admissions office receives supporting documents, applicant’s accounts will be updated within 48 hours. Parents are encouraged to periodically review the status of their accounts to be sure all necessary documents are completed and received on time.
An applicant’s file is complete when it contains:
- A completed application
- A completed admissions appointment
- An official transcript from the applicant’s current school
- Teacher recommendation
- Admissions testing
Click here for a checklist of the Lower School Admissions Process.
For additional questions, please contact the admissions office at 301-320-1067 or firstname.lastname@example.org.