Upper School Admissions
We invite you to get to know Landon’s Upper School and to begin the application process for the 2013-14 school year.
At Landon, every Upper School student is:
- Challenged academically. In small classes, there is no back row, so students come ready to think, write, discuss and debate. With nine AP courses, 17 honors courses and language options that include Mandarin Chinese, Landon students work hard and excel. Juniors take a signature class in Humanities. An independent senior project is required for graduation. Learn more about academics at Landon.
- Involved in a breadth of activities. Boys are equally active in all areas of school life. It’s not unusual for a student who loves to paint also to be passionate about water polo, or for a linebacker to play first violin. Upper School students also find time to serve others and to take leadership roles in organizing service activities or other clubs and activities. Learn more about athletics, the arts, and community service.
- Engaged in a community that lives by a Code of Character. Members of the Student Council and our Prefects lead efforts to live by two fundamental principles — respect and honesty — which guide our actions. Seniors spend time in the Lower and Middle School as tutors and buddies to be role roles for our younger Bears. The school is committed to supporting diversity; 28 percent of boys are students of color. Read about Character Education at Landon.
- Taught by talented and caring men and women who teach, coach and mentor. Not only do they challenge students in the classroom, our stellar faculty support boys in all aspects of life at Landon. Faculty get to know our students in all aspects of school life, and each boy has a faculty advisor who serves as his guide and advocate. Students and alumni say these connections are critical to their success in school, in college and in life. Meet some Upper School faculty.
- Guided through the college counseling process. Four experienced professionals help students (and parents) understand and navigate the college admissions process from start to finish. At Landon, we stress finding the college which represents the “right fit” for each student. See the recent matriculation list.
- Part of a brotherhood of Landon Bears who will support him in Upper School and beyond. Our unique eight-day schedule with mid-morning breaks and an extended lunch period allows time for boys to organize and socialize as well as engage in clubs or service opportunities.