Thank you for your interest in employment at Landon School. To apply, please follow the directions in the position description. Thank you!
Landon is an independent school for boys in grades 3–12, located on a beautiful 75-acre campus in Bethesda, Maryland. Our mission is to prepare talented boys for productive lives as accomplished, responsible and caring men whose actions are guided by the principles of perseverance, teamwork, honor, and fair play.
Since its founding in 1929, Landon has encouraged boys to become their best selves with our commitment to a teacher-coach-mentor model of instruction, our caring and dedicated faculty and staff, and our robust co-curricular program.
Landon seeks a Student Billing Specialist. Under the direction of the Controller, Landon’s Student Billing Specialist will oversee the school’s efforts to manage student accounts, communicate and collect amounts owed, liaison with the school store and other areas where charges are incurred, and follow up with delinquent parents. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that debits and credits are properly entered into the accounting system, that accounts receivable is properly executed, and that cash-handling procedures are in place and followed. The position reports to the Controller in the Business Office.
- Work with team to process tuition and other deposits, payments
- Prepare monthly student statements and other required reports
- Import payments from Smart Tuition, Landon’s auto-debit vehicle
- Work with Controller on bank and other reconciliations
- Work with Development Office to process contributions and gifts
- Work with Controller and Chief Financial Officer to manage promissory notes and delinquent accounts
- Work with accounts payable to ensure checks are processed and accounted for properly
- Contribute to Business Office team meetings
- Offer insight into strategic and process issues and provide other support as needed
Minimum qualifications (education, certification and years of experience):
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with concentration in accounting (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with Smart Tuition online payment and Blackbaud accounting systems, highly preferred
- Three to five years of related experience preferably in a non-profit organization or school entity
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience and ability in Excel, including advanced functions
- High degree of attention to detail, good organization skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment
- A focus on customer service and grace under pressure when dealing with challenging customers
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Understanding of an independent school’s student billing cycle
- Knowledge of non-profit fund accounting
Landon offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Landon School follows Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines.