Middle School English Teacher, Form II Dean
You want what’s best for your son. We do, too.
For nearly a century, Landon has produced men of character who possess the foundation of intellect and the determination to pursue and achieve lofty aspirations. We carry out our mission through an intentional approach that employs the best practices for educating boys—methods that are anchored in the valued relationships boys share with their teachers. Our faculty explain it best.
Grade Five Teacher and Grade Five Dean
Upper School Teacher
We know that boys need structure, inspiration, and community more than ever. Boys thrive at Landon because we believe our program is designed to fit the way boys learn best.
- SARAH POWERS, DIRECTOR OF enrollment, admissions, and outreach
Thank you for your interest in Landon. Whether you are considering admissions for fall of 2022 or later, we are here to guide you. Connect with your respective admissions officer to start discussions about the admissions process or read below to learn more.
In order to register for one of the events, you must join the Ravenna Hub. Once you register and add your child, click on the School Directory, search for Landon School, and select Explore. That will allow you to register for any of the following events. If you have questions, please contact the admissions department at email@example.com or 301-320-1067.
Landon helped me shape my worldview. I was able to tap into so many parts of what inform my identity. I could be a football player, an a capella singer, and a newspaper writer. That is the Landon man, a man of honor and a culturally aware and active global citizen.
- james speight '10
We believe that Landon offers an unparalleled educational experience. Learn more about how to afford a Landon education in the video below.
& FINANCIAL AID
Lower School Tuition
Middle & Upper School Tuition
Financial aid available annually
Percentage of families receiving aid
|Average grant per family||$25,817|
Landon’s need-based financial aid program works to ensure that the cost of attendance does not preclude access to this unparalleled academic experience. We recognize that for some families, the full tuition stretches resources beyond the family budget, which is why we strive to make the Landon experience accessible to families of all income levels.
I never thought we could afford a Landon education. The financial aid grant offered to our family made it possible for us to send our son to this great school.
- sarah, middle school parent
- 1. What kind of financial aid do you offer and when do I apply?
- 2. Do you offer merit scholarships?
- 3. If I apply for financial aid, will that impact the school's decision to accept my son?
- 4. What is the range of aid given to families?
- 5. What costs does financial aid cover?
- 6. Is there a financial aid waiting list?
- 7. Do I have to reapply each year for financial aid?
- 8. If only one parent works outside the home, will my son be considered for financial aid?
- 9. If I am single, divorced, or no longer living with my son's other parent, what information will the Financial Aid Committee require in order to determine an award?
- 10. If my son lives with his guardians, what information will the Financial Aid Committee require?
- 11. If we cannot pay the family contribution noted in the award letter, is there an appeal process?
- 12. I still have questions. Who should I contact?
Landon believes our boys benefit from being surrounded by other intelligent boys of character and integrity.
That’s why we offer scholarships for outstanding students joining Landon in Grades 3, 4, or 9.
Landon runs six bus routes to serve the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. They are:
- Alexandria, VA
- Arlington and McLean, VA
- Great Falls, VA
- Friendship Heights, Georgetown, and Spring Valley, DC
- Germantown and Potomac, MD
- Prince George's County and Silver Spring, MD
Landon School is accredited by the Association of Independent Maryland and D.C. Schools (AIMS) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA).
In its admission of qualified boys, and the administration of its educational policies, financial aid, athletic, and other student programs, Landon School does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, or disability unrelated to a particular activity.