Financial Aid FAQ
Please see the information below for our most frequently asked questions about financial aid and merit scholarships.
& FINANCIAL AID
Lower School Tuition
Middle & Upper School Tuition
Financial aid available annually
Percentage of families receiving aid
|Average grant per family||$25,817|
Landon’s need-based financial aid program works to ensure that the cost of attendance does not preclude access to this unparalleled academic experience. We recognize that for some families, the full tuition stretches resources beyond the family budget, which is why we strive to make the Landon experience accessible to families of all income levels.
Would our family qualify for financial aid? And if so, how much?
Landon can provide an estimated financial aid grant to prospective families. The purpose of this service to help families understand if and what they may qualify for in financial aid. Fill out both an admissions inquiry form and the abbreviated financial aid form. Once both forms are received, Landon’s Director of Financial Aid Russ Gagarin '77 will be in touch via email. Here are the steps:
STEP 1: Complete the admissions inquiry form.
STEP 2: Complete and submit the financial aid review form. The form will take approximately 5-10 minutes to fill out.
STEP 3: Receive an email or call from our Director of Financial Aid Russ Gagarin '77.
- 1. What kind of financial aid do you offer and when do I apply?
- 2. Do you offer merit scholarships?
- 3. If I apply for financial aid, will that impact the school's decision to accept my son?
- 4. What is the range of aid given to families?
- 5. What costs does financial aid cover?
- 6. Is there a financial aid waiting list?
- 7. Do I have to reapply each year for financial aid?
- 8. If only one parent works outside the home, will my son be considered for financial aid?
- 9. If I am single, divorced, or no longer living with my son's other parent, what information will the Financial Aid Committee require in order to determine an award?
- 10. If my son lives with his guardians, what information will the Financial Aid Committee require?
- 11. If we cannot pay the family contribution noted in the award letter, is there an appeal process?
- 12. I still have questions. Who should I contact?
Landon believes our boys benefit from being surrounded by other intelligent boys of character and integrity.
That’s why we offer scholarships for outstanding students joining Landon in Grades 3, 4, or 9.
In its admission of qualified boys, and the administration of its educational policies, financial aid, athletic, and other student programs, Landon School does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin or ancestry, religion, sexual orientation, or disability unrelated to a particular activity.