Applications for admission are accepted starting September 1 for the following academic year. Please read below for a six-step guide on how to navigate the admissions process.
- 1. Attend an Information Session (optional)
- 2. Apply Online
- 3. Schedule an Interview and Tour
- 4. Request and Submit a Transcript
- 5. Request and Submit Teacher Recommendations
- 6. Schedule and Submit Testing
Information sessions typically happen twice in the fall so you can learn more about the Landon experience and to explore our campus. Although our information sessions have passed, if you are interested in learning about the Lower School (Grades 3-5), please consider attending one of our Tour Tuesday events held throughout the year. If you are interested in our Middle (Grades 6-8) or Upper (Grades 9-12) Schools for the 2019-20 school year, please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or 301-320-1067.
Complete the online application as early in the fall as possible. There is a $75 application fee; however, if you are applying for financial aid, you may request an application fee waiver by contacting the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-320-1067. The application deadline has passed, however we are still accepting applications for certain grades in the 2019-20 school year. Please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or 301-320-1067 if you are interested in exploring Landon for fall of 2019.
Once you have completed the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-320-1067 to schedule an appointment for you and your son to visit Landon. Again, an application must be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to the appointment. The 90-minute appointment is scheduled during school hours, includes an interview and campus tour for your family, and must be completed by January 25, 2019.
Submit the Transcript Request Form to your son’s current school. The official transcript must include half of the current year’s grades and all of last year’s grades and testing information. Click here to download a printable copy of the Transcript Request. Your son’s current school should mail the transcript directly to Landon’s Admissions Office by January 25, 2019.
Landon School accepts the AISGW common recommendation forms for applicants. Candidates applying to grades 3-5 are required to submit the General Recommendation Form Grades 2-12 from their 2018-2019 homeroom teacher. Candidates applying to grades 6-12 are required to submit the math Recommendation Form Grades 6-12 and the English Recommendation Form Grades 6-12.
Completed recommendations may be submitted directly from the teacher to the admissions office by email at email@example.com or mailed directly to the admissions office at 6101 Wilson Lane, Bethesda, MD 20817. All recommendations must be received by Friday, January 25, 2019.
- General Recommendation (Required for applicants to Grades 3-5)
Applicants to Grades 3 and 4:
- Take the Landon admissions test. The test was administered at Landon on Saturday, December 15. Make-up options will be Thursday, January 17 and Thursday, January 24 at 4 p.m. Please contact Associate Director of Admissions Kareena Mims at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Instructions and confirmation will be sent to all applicants.
Applicants to Grades 5:
- Register your son for the ISEE (Landon's ISEE number is 210260). Select the test, location and date most convenient for you. Registration and information can be found at: Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE).
Applicants to Grades 6-12:
- Landon accepts either the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) for the admissions entrance exam. Register your son for either the SSAT or the ISEE. Select the test, location and date most convenient for you. Our school codes are:
- ISEE: 210260
- SSAT: 4495
All supporting documents are due to Landon no later than Friday, January 25. To check the status of an applicant’s supporting documents, please log onto your Landon admissions online account. After the Admissions Office receives supporting documents, applicant’s accounts will be updated within 48 hours. Parents are encouraged to periodically review the status of their accounts to be sure all necessary documents are completed and received on time.
Landon School is accredited by the Association of Independent Maryland and D.C. Schools (AIMS) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA).
If you have additional questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 301-320-1067 or email@example.com.