Applications for admission are accepted starting September 1 for the following academic year. Please read below for a six-step guide on how to navigate the admissions process.
- 1. Learn About Landon
- 2. Apply Online
- 3. Schedule an Interview and Tour
- 4. Request and Submit a Transcript
- 5. Request and Submit Teacher Recommendations
- 6. Schedule and Submit Testing
Tour Tuesdays: Tour Tuesdays are geared for families who are interested in learning about Landon before starting the formal application process. Attendees will learn about the School, tour the campus and hear about the admissions process. These sessions run 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. two generally two Tuesdays each month. Register here for an upcoming Tour Tuesday.
Download the Transcript Request form from your portal and submit to your son’s current school. The official transcript must include one marking period of the current year’s grades and all of the last year’s grades and testing information. Your son’s school should mail the transcript directly to Landon Admissions Office by January 24, 2020.
Landon School accepts the AISGW common recommendation forms for applicants. Candidates applying to grades 3-5 are required to submit the General Recommendation Form Grades 2-12 from their 2019-2020 homeroom teacher. Candidates applying to grades 6-12 are required to submit the math Recommendation Form Grades 6-12 and the English Recommendation Form Grades 6-12.
Recommendations may be requested through you application portal. Completed recommendations may be submitted directly from the teacher to the admissions office by email at email@example.com or mailed directly to the admissions office at 6101 Wilson Lane, Bethesda, MD 20817. All recommendations must be received by Friday, January 24, 2020.
Applicants to Grades 3-5 :
- Take the Landon admissions test. The test will be administered at Landon on Saturday, December 14, 2019. Your son’s completed application will serve as his registration for test day. Instructions and confirmation will be sent to all applicants closer to test day.
Applicants to Grades 6-12:
- Landon accepts either the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) for the admissions entrance exam. Register your son for either the SSAT or the ISEE. Select the test, location and date most convenient for you. Our school codes are:
- ISEE: 210260
- SSAT: 4495
The application must be submitted no later than Friday, January 10, 2020.
All supporting documents are due to Landon no later than Friday, January 24, 2020. To check the status of an applicant’s supporting documents, please log onto your Landon admissions online account. After the Admissions Office receives supporting documents, applicant’s accounts will be updated within 48 hours. Parents are encouraged to periodically review the status of their accounts to be sure all necessary documents are completed and received on time.
Landon School is accredited by the Association of Independent Maryland and D.C. Schools (AIMS) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA).
If you have additional questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 301-320-1067 or firstname.lastname@example.org.