Lower School AfterCare Program
Landon’s Lower School division offers an AfterCare Program, at the end of the school day, for interested families. The purpose of the AfterCare Program is to provide a safe, supervised space in which students may work on their homework, read silently or relax quietly after school. Although our teachers serve as the proctors, the expectation should not be for this program to serve as an academic extra-help opportunity. Below are the basic facts:
- Location: Lower School classrooms with access to computers for academic work
- Frequency: September 4, 2018–May 31, 2019; Monday–Friday on full school days only
- Supervision: Lower School teachers serve as proctors
- Report directly to AfterCare room upon dismissal.
- Work quietly.
- A snack is offered around 4:15 p.m.
- After all assignments are complete, students may accompany a proctor for extended play outside, read quietly, or use the computers in our computer lab.
- Pickup is no later than 6 p.m. If parents arrive after 6 p.m., additional charges will accrue at a rate of $1 per minute until the student is picked up by an adult. Students will NOT BE ALLOWED to be on campus unaccompanied.
- Expectations: In order to provide a safe, quiet atmosphere conducive for completing work, we expect that students will adhere to the same school code of conduct and school-day expectations.
- Cost: We offer several options.
Families may contract for 1–5 days at a discounted rate (see form below).
- If families prefer not to contract for a specific number of days, students may attend AfterCare for a drop-in rate of $20 a day.
- Families receiving financial assistance will be expected to pay the same percentage for AfterCare as they do for tuition. Financial assistance is only applicable to the contracts (not the daily drop-in rate). Please contact the business office, via firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions.
- Students who are contracting for 1–5 days will be billed in two installments, in September and December of 2018.
- Fees for drop-ins and tardiness will be billed monthly for the previous month, and we expect that payment will be made on the due date specified on the invoice.
- Please note that students are expected to be picked up at the conclusion of carpool, which is 4 p.m. All Lower School students who are on campus after 4 p.m. will be escorted to AfterCare until a parent arrives (the drop-in rate will be charged in these instances). Students will be required to attend this program if they are on campus waiting for their music lesson, but there will be no fee incurred in these cases.
If you are interested in enrolling your son in AfterCare, please complete the enrollment contract below. You will be debited through the SmartTuition system.