- What is the mission of LEAP?
- Who is LEAP for?
- When is LEAP offered?
- How do students get to their LEAP classes?
- How are students dismissed from LEAP?
- What if a student is also registered for AfterCare?
- What if a student rides the afternoon bus?
- What happens if a teacher is absent?
- What happens if a class is cancelled?
- How do parents register for LEAP?
- How do parents pay for LEAP?
- Do financial aid students receive assistance?
- Can parents receive a refund for canceling a class?
- If parents have questions about LEAP, who should they contact?
Classes are offered in three eight-week sessions throughout the school year:
- Fall (September-November)
- Winter (December-February)
- Spring (March-May)
Each class meets for either 1 hour or 1.5 hours a day after school.
Dates for the 2019-20 Winter Trimester are below:
- Mondays: Mondays, December 2, 9, 16, January 13, 27, February 3, 10 (Make Up Date: February 24)
- Tuesdays: December 3, 10, 17, January 7, 14, 21, 28, February 4 (Make Up Date: February 11)
- Wednesdays, December 4, 11, 18, January 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5 (Make Up Date: February 12)
- Thursdays: December 5, 12, 19, January 9, 16, 23, 30, February 6 (Make Up Date: February 13)
LEAP does not operate on days when Landon is officially closed, including vacations, conference days, staff in-service days, and when the school is closed due to inclement weather.
All fees are non-refundable. Fees will not be refunded because of the absence of the student or teacher, regardless of cause, or if school is closed due to safety concerns, inclement weather, power loss, or other emergencies. Under enrolled classes will be cancelled, in which case the class fee will be refunded.