This blog post is part of a series of #WellnessWednesday tips. This week, Lower and Middle School Counselor Adam Diaz shares how students can stay motivated during the pandemic.
Sports are fun, but they also teach some of the most important lessons you will learn at Landon. That is why every Landon boy participates in daily athletics. From 1:25–2:20 p.m. each day, you’ll learn about perseverance, teamwork, honor, fair play, and the value of living a healthy life with exercise and the outdoors/
Third and fourth graders choose either football or soccer in the fall and then rotate through a cycle in the winter and spring to sample six different sports; you will learn the rules and basic skills, compete against your peers, and discover which sports you love. Fifth graders can continue to participate in intramurals or choose to compete against other schools in one interscholastic sport per season. Sports options are listed below.
- Intramural: Flag football or soccer
- Interscholastic (Grade 5): Flag football or soccer
- Intramural: Basketball, wrestling and intramural games (including street hockey)
- Interscholastic (Grade 5): Basketball or wrestling
- Intramural: Baseball, lacrosse, and track and field
- Interscholastic (Grade 5): Baseball, lacrosse or tennis