When asked what the favorite part of his Landon day was, one excited Lower School Bear replied, “Sports, sports, sports!” And there is a good reason: Sports are fun... but they also teach some of the most important lessons you will learn inside the White Rocks. That is why every Landon boy participates in daily athletics. From 1:25–2:20 p.m. each day, you’ll learn about perseverance, teamwork, honor, fair play, and the value of living a healthy life — and form strong bonds with your Bear brothers.
Third and fourth graders choose either football or soccer in the fall and then rotate through a cycle in the winter and spring to sample six different sports; you will learn the rules and basic skills, compete against your peers, and discover which sports you love. Fifth graders can continue to participate in intramurals or choose to compete against other schools in one interscholastic sport per season. Sports options are listed below.
- Intramural: Flag football or soccer
- Interscholastic (Grade 5): Flag football or soccer
- Intramural: Basketball, wrestling and intramural games (including street hockey)
- Interscholastic (Grade 5): Basketball or wrestling
- Intramural: Baseball, lacrosse, and track and field
- Interscholastic (Grade 5): Baseball, lacrosse or tennis