At Landon, we think that sports are more than just fun; they are also a great way for you to learn about perseverance, teamwork, honor, fair play, and the value of a healthy lifestyle, and to form strong bonds with your Bear brothers. That is why every middle schooler participates in athletics — interscholastic or intramural — every school day from 2:30–3:40 p.m.
There are 13 interscholastic options total and several each season so that you and your teammates can test your skills against other schools. You can also choose to play intramurals, where fitness and friendly competition with classmates are the focus.
Sports options are listed below by season, and teams are grade-specific unless otherwise noted.
- Interscholastic: Cross country (Grades 6–8 combined), football, soccer, water polo (Grades 6–8 combined)
- Intramural: Flag football (Grades 6–7 combined), tackle football (Grades 7–8 combined), sports and games (Grades 6–7 combined)
- Interscholastic: Basketball, ice hockey (Grades 6–8 combined), squash, swimming (Grades 6–8 combined), wrestling (Grades 6–8 combined)
- Intramurals sports including basketball, street hockey, and strength and conditioning (Grades 6–8 combined)
- Interscholastic: Baseball, lacrosse, track and field (Grades 6–8 combined), tennis (Grades 6–8 combined), golf (Grades 6–8 combined), volleyball
- Intramural sports and games (Grades 6–8 combined)