After three years, we are thrilled to again host our 68th Azalea Festival on campus on Friday, April 29-Sunday, May 1. For our longtime families, there are some exciting new things this year, and for those new to our community, we wish to share why this event is a must-have on your calendar! Here is our countdown:
10. Spring into spring! Buy your azaleas, flowers, and plants at the festival and support financial assistance at the same time. A large assortment of azaleas plus quality grown annuals, perennials, herbs, and vegetables will fill your landscaping beds and containers. Early shoppers find the best selection! You can preorder your azaleas online then pick-up at the festival.
9. Rides, magicians and more! On Friday, April 29, your sons will be dismissed early from classes to enjoy an afternoon at the festival. Landon families can preorder discounted wristbands for unlimited access to rides.
8. Bring your appetite! We will have food trucks and other vendors to take care of your hungry household. From our own Bear Bakery and Riddle’s Griddle to area favorites Five Guys, Potomac Pizza and Clayboys, we will have plenty of food and drink to keep your families going during the fun.
7. Shop ’til you drop! Apparel, jewelry, accessories, artwork and more make great gifts just in time for Mother’s Day, graduations and birthdays with 36 boutique vendors.
6. Bargain hunters unite! Our Bearly Used features a treasure trove of gently used furniture, home accessories, books, toys, and more at a great price.
5. Let us entertain you! Lower School concerts, Upper School play, Landon Symphonette, Jacoby Cup tennis tournament, IAC playoff games, clowns, magicians, and reptiles are all part of the weekend's festivities. View the weekend schedule!
4. Get ready to party! The ’Zalea Bash Friday night party for adults includes amazing cocktails, delicious food, dancing, and a live band. We’ll kick-off the evening in the Atrium with a Sip & Shop, then onto the Azalea Tent for a live auction and the opportunity to Raise-the-Paddle for faculty enrichment! Buy tickets now.
3. More of the silent type? Be the winning bidder for unique auction items including many Landon exclusives and experiences available only online. Bidding begins April 18!
2. Be a part of it. We need hundreds of volunteers to make this event a success! Take a two-hour shift with a friend or your son. Make memories and connections that can last a lifetime.
1. See you there! We look forward to seeing you April 29-May 1 to help our school raise $275,000 to fund student financial aid and faculty professional development. Go Bears, we can do this!