We are thrilled to host our 70th Azalea Festival on Friday, May 5 - Sunday, May 7. For our longtime and new families alike, this event is a must-have on your calendar! Here are our top 10 things we want you to know about the festival:
10. Spring into spring! Buy your azaleas, flowers, and plants at the festival and support financial assistance at the same time. A large assortment of azaleas plus quality grown annuals, perennials, herbs, and vegetables will fill your landscaping beds and containers. Early shoppers find the best selection!
9. Rides, magicians and more! On Friday, May 5, your sons will be dismissed early from classes to enjoy an afternoon at the festival. Landon families can preorder discounted wristbands for unlimited access to rides.
8. Bring your appetite! We will have food trucks and other vendors to take care of your hungry household. From our own Bear Bakery and Riddle’s Griddle to area favorites Five Guys, Potomac Pizza, Clayboys, Smoothie King, Funnel Fare, and Ben & Jerry’s we will have plenty of food and drink to keep your families going during the fun.
7. Shop ’til you drop! Apparel, jewelry, accessories, artwork and more make great gifts just in time for Mother’s Day, graduations, and birthdays with more than 30 boutique vendors.
6. Bargain hunters unite! Our Bearly Used features a treasure trove of gently used furniture, home accessories, books, toys, and more at a great price.
5. Let us entertain you! Lower and Middle School concerts, Upper School play, Landon Symphonette, Jacoby Cup tennis tournament, magicians, and reptiles, plus two local bands are all part of the weekend's festivities. View the weekend schedule!
4. Get ready to party! The ’Zalea Bash Friday night party for adults includes amazing cocktails, delicious food, dancing, and a live band. We will kick off at 6:30 p.m. in the Azalea Tent for a live auction and the opportunity to Raise-the-Paddle for faculty professional development! Buy tickets now.
3. More of the silent type? Be the winning bidder for unique auction items including many Landon exclusives and experiences available only online. Bidding is open now through May 7.
2. Be a part of it. We need hundreds of volunteers to make this event a success! Take a two-hour shift with a friend or your son. Make memories and connections that can last a lifetime.
1. See you there! We look forward to seeing you May 5 -May 7 to help our school raise $320,000 to fund student financial aid and faculty professional development. Go Bears!