Upper School families explain how the school brought the full strength of the Landon experience to their sons during distance learning.
Holistic challenge yields the resilience, independence, and character that help boys
become good men.
At Landon, we believe in the capabilities of every young man in our charge—his thoughtful
questions in calculus, his skilled melodies on violin, his extra reps after practice, his kind words
at Special Olympics, and clever stories at lunch.
And we believe that welcoming challenge as an opportunity to grow is the first step toward
him achieving his vast potential.
Upper School science teacher Vivian English explains how the teacher-coach-mentor model builds strong relationships that support the whole child.
- Who leads the Upper School?
- What is my schedule like?
- What can I expect from academics in the Upper School?
- Does Landon offer Advanced Placement classes?
- Do I get a computer at school?
- What if I need extra help with academics?
- How will I make friends?
- What programs do you have for students of color?
- What ethics and leadership programs does Landon offer?
- How will I keep track of my grades?
- What art and music options do I have at Landon?
- What sports does Landon offer?
- Do I have to play sports all three seasons?
- What clubs does Landon offer?
- Is community service required?
- Who can I ask if I have questions?
- What might my day be like when we're fully on campus again?